Thankfully, more and more people are becoming environmentally conscious these days, both in their personal lives and in how they do business. Many people prefer to work with businesses that contribute to sustainability, so it is important to get the message out to people about what you and your company are doing to reduce the negative impact your business could have on the environment.
What is the best way to get the message out though? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Create a special “green” logo that you can use in conjunction with your regular logo. For example, we created a “Sun Powered Print” logo for our company, which helps to visually get the word out that we are solar powered. Imprint the logo on your invoices and statements. Add it to mailing labels and to marketing pieces.
- Offer your logo to be used by your clients. We allow our clients to print our “Sun Powered Print” logo on their marketing pieces to show that they choose to use a printer that is environmentally conscious. If you make windows, a builder might want to use your green logo in their marketing, or if you sell vitamins, a health food store might want to use your green logo. This is great recognition for you and gives borrowed authority to your clients.
- Add a simple webpage to your website about your environmental profile and link to it in your marketing pieces by saying something like: ” We are sustainable in how we do business. Check out our environmental profile here.” For an example of how to put together this page, visit our environmental profile page.
- Print up buckslips to be inserted in with your invoices explaining the environmental steps you have taken and why it is important to you.
- Create a video and post it to YouTube. This is a great tool that you’ll then be able to link to in many ways. Plus, it gives you great exposure if you name your video with keywords in mind. For an example of such a video, visit our Solar Powered Printing video.
- Be excited about the contributions you have made. Excitement is contagious so when people see and hear you being excited about the sustainability steps you have taken, they will “catch the buzz” and talk about it in an excited way too. On social media, this can especially go viral.